Wednesday, July 11, 2012

30 Day Anime Challenge - Day 1: Very First Anime

So this guy has a tumblr, and on it, this post: clicky!

Essentially, it is a "30 Day Anime Challenge." The problem is, he posted no instructions. It appears that he invited his readers to post their answers to his tumblr page. However, I am simply going to answer them on my blog for the next month. As it is July 11 now, I should be done on August 9. (I will do one for yesterday right now because it's only 00:40.) Oddly, August 9 is my brother's birthday.

You can see a list of what to expect on each of the thirty days at the aforementioned tumblr blog. I will answer each prompt with an image or otherwise appropriate media file.

The first prompt simply reads, "very first anime". It is:



Yes, Sailor Moon. I first saw it in about the fifth grade. I would usually wake up at 6:30 in order to get to school by 7:25. However, on mornings that Sailor Moon was on, I'd get up at 5:30 and watch that show. It would seriously freak my father out. At that time, I had no idea what anime was; it was just another cartoon to me. But it was a special cartoon...a different one that struck different chords in my imaginative mind.

I haven't seen Sailor Moon in years, but I can still sing the opening theme for you, although I won't. Okay, maybe not, but close enough!

Tomorrow's (later today's) prompt: "favorite anime you've watched so far"


No comments:

Post a Comment